Thursday, February 14, 2013

It's Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to my two little loves of my life!  So it's Valentine's Night now, and Roman- it's just me and you buddy.  And... you just fell asleep on me.  So I'm spending my Valentine's Day night searching Pinterest and watching HGTV and The Millionaire Matchmaker.  Talk about lame! :)  That's okay.  A little bit different than what most people are probably doing.. but hey - it's just a day like any other.   Reesey- you had a "party" at your preschool to exchange Valentine's and treats.  Normally you don't go to school today - so you had to miss ballet, but you were really excited for your party. :)  You woke up this morning to a few presents:  a dust, and broom cleaning set Gigi said you picked out (strangely haha), a magic wand, and Cinderella Magic wonder markers set, and nail stickers from me. :)You really enjoyed your presents. :)  Then Daddy picked you up after school, and you'll be back tomorrow morning.

It's a little bit sad for Mommy that this is my first Valentine's Day as a single mommy.  Not only that - but the NBA AllStar Game is here in Houston this year, so it's just another reminder (and trigger I guess) of some painful emotions.  BUT I do have something to be extremely happy about!  ... WE GOT A HOUSE!!  Our sweet little yellow cottage will be ready for us in just a few weeks.  I can't even believe it.  God completely performed a miracle for this house.  He made SURE that I didn't get anything else but this one.  He saved this dream home just for us.  It's right by Gigi and Papa's house (down the street!) and it wasn't even on the market!  Thanks to Papa- he saw the moving furniture outside and asked them if they were moving.  We ended up seeing the inside, talking to realtors and placing an offer!  It even has a huge playset in the back, orange trees, fruit and veggie gardens, all appliances, hard wood floors and white walls!! It is perfect!  God knew exactly what we needed, and I believe he placed just the right neighbors around us.  I can't wait to make this home a place where sweet sweet memories are formed, and love surrounds you both each and every day.  This will be your safe haven.  A place where you can always feel the warmth of your Mommy's hugs and kisses, and the strong comfort of God's blessings.

I've decided to fully surrender to the promise that GOD WILL PROVIDE.  He ALWAYS DOES!  He provided this house for us, when I sought Him and obeyed Him truly with my whole heart.  A few other houses I offered on - were sold or stolen out from under me, and it was devastating.  But this door was wide open, and I can't wait to see all the many more miracles God has in store for us through this house.  I'm just tearing up right now, so HAPPY thinking about all the times we will share here together.  We are in this together.  Mommy loves you more than anything.  And so does your heavenly Father.  He is EVERYTHING.  On Valentine's Day and EVERY day I'm going to remember God loves us and is always going to take care of us.  I love you sweet kiddies.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment